NOTTS & DERBY DISTRICT STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIER CLUB
GENERAL CODE OF ETHICS
13. Will not sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers, retail pet dealers or directly or indirectly allow dogs to be given as a prize or donation in a competition of any kind. Will not sell by sale or auction Kennel Club registration certificates as stand alone items (not accompanying a dog).
14. Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed, nor falsely advertise dogs, nor mislead any person regarding the health or quality of a dog.
Breach of the above provisions may result in expulsion from Club membership and/or disciplinary action by the Kennel Club and/or reporting to the relevant authorities for legal action, as appropriate.
In addition to the aforementioned, Club members agree to note the following recommendations:-
15. It is recommended to have breeding bitches and stud dogs eye tested for PHPV/HC and DNA tested for L2-HGA and Hereditary Cataract, and to have all litters screened for PHPV. For further information and/or DNA testing application forms please refer to http://www.staffords.org.uk or contact The Animal Health Trust on: 08700-502-424; http://www.aht.org.uk
16. To abide by the Club’s recommendations concerning time lapse between litters (recommended minimum 12 months) and upper and lower age limits for a bitch to be bred from (recommended 18 months minimum; 8 years maximum).
17. Members will, when breeding dogs, adopt as a minimum standard the principles, requirements and recommendations as embodied in the Kennel Club’s Assured Breeder Scheme. It is strongly recommended that members who breed should apply to join the Scheme.
18. To demonstrate responsible ownership at all times and be sensitive to the public image of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, not only in the home environment but also in public places and at shows.
Helen E Reaney (Secretary)
updated March 2014
|Code of ethics|
|UK Breed Clubs|
|Buying a SBT|